Here are some ideas to kick-start your thinking and get you writing.
Use your own experiences, observations, anecdotes and musings to set the tone, and intersperse with quotes (from interviews you conduct and/or listen in to) where suitable.
Voice is probably the most important aspect of blogging - that, and a great opening line.
If you have some other ideas for potential blog topics, please add them in the comments section.
· What are we celebrating here?
· How does an arts' festival differ from other festivals?
· How does it construct community?
· Is there such a thing as a festival community?
· Who goes? Why do they go?
· What does it have to do with place?
· What makes it a festival?
Artwork, musical performance, film, play, literary work ...
· That I loved, hated, produced, wished I'd produced, couldn't understand, was challenged by ...
· Personalities, celebrities, regular people - profile pieces
· Artist I would most like to meet
· How to become one
· The artist’s aura
· Devoted festival goers/art-lovers
· Knowledge seekers
· Emerging and aspiring writers and artists
· Critics and reviewers
· Cultural tourists
· What are they getting out of the experience
· What’s the buzz?
· Who’s doing the talking?
· Where’s it happening?
· Is anybody listening?