From our 'writers' in action...

Wednesday, 29 July 2015

How to blog - using an app!

Did you know Blogger has a free app? 


I used the app last year to write the festival, and for me it was a valuable tool. 

It is very simple to use, and although the app has less options than the desktop version (you can't choose where to place photos for example) it is very user friendly.

Download from the app store, sign in and you are ready to go. (You've all set up your blog addresses, right?)

How did I use it?


Pre-festival I decided which sessions I wanted to go to, then drafted a blog post for each of these sessions. Some of these sessions meant I needed to pre-read, or research the author/presenter, particularly if I was not familiar with their work. This meant I was able to get a head start on my blog posts, writing what I had gleaned, then parking them in 'draft' to add to and polish later.

At the festival I took heaps of notes for each session, just as though I was in a lecture. I then either wrote in the breaks between sessions (while the writing muse had me in her grasp) or came back to the posts post-event. There are many posts that I did not end up using, but was grateful for my pre-planning - it made life so much easier.

Go on - give it a go, it's a great way to practice blogging before the festival!

No comments:

Post a Comment